Panel Pirates Services ("Panel Pirates," "Service" or "Services") are provided by Panel Pirates, LLC. ("We," "Our" or "Panel Pirates") to you ("User" or "Users").
As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we're using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
We have tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you are not familiar with terms like cookies, IP addresses, pixel tags and browsers, then read about these key terms (as defined by Google) first. Please take the time to get to know our practices - and if you have any
questions contact us (INSERT LINK)
Information we collect
Similar to many other platforms, we collect basic information to provide better services to all of our users.
We collect information in two ways:
- Information you give us.
- For example, our services require you to sign up for a Panel Pirates user account for additional features. When you do, we ask for personal information – like your name, location, and email address. When including your display name, photo, location and bio, be aware that such information is part of your public profile and is visible to anyone who visits your profile page.
- Information we get from your use of our services.
- We may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them. This information includes:
- Device information. We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). Panel Pirates may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Panel Pirates user account (or other social media accounts you grant Panel Pirates access to).
- Log information. When you use our services or view content provided on the service, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs.
- This may include:
- Details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
- Internet protocol address.
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Panel Pirates user account.
- Location information. When you use a location-enabled service, we may collect and process information about your actual location, like GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We may also use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Unique application numbers. Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to Panel Pirates Media when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
- Local storage. We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
Transparency and choice
- People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. You can edit your profile information through your social media outlet.
- You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it is important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
Information you share
Many of our services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines such as Google or Bing. Our services provide you with different options on sharing and removing your content.
Accessing and updating your personal information:
- Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it — unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
- We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes).
- Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share:
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Panel Pirates unless one of the following circumstances apply:
- With your consent. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Panel Pirates when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- With domain administrators. For external processing (like accounting for receiving ad revenue)
- For legal reasons. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Panel Pirates if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- nforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Panel Pirates, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect Panel Pirates and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to Panel Pirates employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.